Original article: Swai: grilled confusion fish
Grilled lemony swai
This often affordable Southeast Asian catfish filet holds together well on the grill and has great taste
- 1 Swai fillet
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 serving rice brown, white, purple, black, forbidden or otherwise.
- lemon pepper
- 2+ tbsp lemon juice
- olive oil
- Pour lemon juice on swai fillet. Apply lemon pepper, pepper, other spices as desired, liberally to both sides of the fillet. Put a few drops of olive oil on each side of the fillet. Allow to sit for 15 minutes.
- Heat a medium skillet on high heat. Cut up head of broccoli into size desired. Throw (not too hard; this isn’t baseball) the cut-up broccoli into the skillet when hot, pour a bit of lemon juice on, adjust to medium-high heat until juice evaporates. Stir the broccoli until done: browned on a few sides. Add a dash of soy sauce if desired.
- Heat grill on medium high. Put swai fillet on grill after it is preheated, preferably on a colder spot if the grill has one. If the exposed side is lacking in the spices, add a little bit again. Three minutes later, flip. Three minutes later, take off the grill.
- Serve with broccoli and rice.