Corned beef hash breakfast burrito
A staple of New Mexican gas stations, the corned beef breakfast burrito is a wonderful fusion
Servings 2 burritos
- 1-2 eggs scrambled or fried
- Milk if making scrambled eggs
- 1-3 green chiles diced
- 1 can corned beef hash or hash made from slow cooked corned beef.
- 2-4 ounces cooked black beans
- 3 diced potatoes
- 2 Burrito-sized tortillas
- Red chile, prepared (optional)
- secret sauce (optional)
- Cook the beans, or buy canned beans.
- Steam or boil potatoes until tender
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Put the hash into the skillet and cook until it begins to lightly brown.
- Either remove the corned beef hash to container and add the diced potatoes, with some oil, or heat another skillet on high, add a little oil, and toss in the diced potatoes. Shake salt over the potatoes and cook until lightly brown.
- Cook the eggs and remove to plate or bowl when done.
- Cook the beans in a skillet with a dab of oil, briefly, to remove excess liquid
- Briefly heat the first tortilla in the microwave or in the skillet, until just a little warm and pliable.
- Add the ingredients you’re using to the center of the tortilla, including the hash, potatoes, eggs, beans, chile and anything else, roll, and serve with red chile, salsa, sauce and garnish with lime slices.
See the corned beef recipe here and the secret sauce recipe here.
See all the photos here, in Flickr.