• 1 pie crust
• 2 1/2-3 lbs of pumpkin
• 3 eggs
• 1 12-ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
• 1/2 cup cream
• 3/4 cup sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
• 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Scrape out the insides of the pumpkin and cut it into slices. Place the slices on a baking sheet, preferably lined with parchment paper, skin-side down.
3. Bake for at least 1 hour, until the pumpkin slices are tender when poked with a fork.
4. Separate the pumpkin flesh from the skin and put the flesh in a blender, food processor or bowl and puree.
5. Mix in the condensed milk, cream, sugar, salt, eggs and spices, until completely combined.
6. Pour the mixture into the crust (made or bought) and bake for 1 hour, until the center is set and no longer jiggly. Take it out of the oven and let it rest for 30 minutes before serving.
7. Serve and relax: it was easy as pie.