These brownies are especially rich, thanks to the use of dark cocoa powder.
Servings 1 9x13 pan
- 1 cup oil vegetable canola, etc., or butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1+ tbsp vanilla extract More to taste
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup lighter cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips or morsels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine oil, sugar, vanilla extract. Beat the eggs and then add them to the oil-sugar mix. Mix until combined.
- Mix the cocoa powders and flour until well combined.
- Add cocoa powder/flour mixture to the oil-sugar combination and mix until well mixed with no remaining clumps.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Line a 9”x13” baking dish with parchment paper or grease the baking dish.
- Pour the mixture onto the parchment paper and bake for 32-38 minutes. Brownies should not jiggle too much. Let cool. Baking for less time will result in a more fudgy consistency, while baking longer will result in a cakey consistency.
(Recipe adapted from Brooke’s Best Bombshell Brownies on allrecipes.com.)