For the write up, please see the post here.
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons (or more) finely chopped fresh dill (sans the stems)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (more or less to taste)
- 1-2 tablespoons lime juice (more or less to taste)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- Pinch of black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Optional: 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- If thicker tzatziki is desired, either buy “Greek” yogurt or strain regular yogurt by placing a cheesecloth in a strainer, and the strainer in a bowl, and pouring the unstrained yogurt into the cheesecloth lining. Cover and let sit in the refrigerator overnight or for 8 hours.
- Chop garlic, dill and, it if is being used, mint.
- Mix yogurt in a medium bowl with all of the ingredients except for salt, until will combined.
- Salt to taste immediately and use or refrigerate for 8+ hours and then salt to taste.