For the fish:
- 1 pound of catfish meat, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2-5 tablespoons cumin powder or more as needed
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder or more as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or more as needed
- Other seasonings, including chili powder, if desired
For the (secret) sauce:
- 1 cup mayonnaise, yogurt, sour cream or any combination of the three
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder, to taste
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1-3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 dash of Tapatio
For the filling:
- 4 cups lightly chopped spinach
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- Mix the cumin, garlic powder, salt and other seasonings (if desired) in a bowl. Roll the fish in the mixture. More herbs may need to be added as the herbing progresses.
- Mix the mayonnaise, yogurt or sour cream, the chili powder, garlic powder, garlic, lime juice, hot sauce and salt, all to taste.
- Put a teaspoon of vegetable, canola or other high-temperature oil in a pan and put on medium to medium high heat. When pan is hot, put the fish in the pan, without it being crowded. Cook until just barely firm and brown, possibly lightly blackened. Put next batch of fish into pan and repeat process until all is cooked.
- Prepare or heat up tortillas. Put a small dollop of sauce on the tortilla and spread over the tortilla or put on top of other ingredients. Put fish, cilantro, onion and spinach in tortilla and enjoy. I suggest putting the fish, onion and cilantro on first, followed by the spinach. I put 3-5 pieces of fish in each (small tortilla.)