- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 (4-ounce) can green chile
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans
- 4 scallions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- In a small bowl, mix sugar, vinegar and chile.
- Heat skillet on high heat until it sizzles when drop of water is placed on it.
- Chop the scallions and mince the garlic.
- Cut off ends of green beans and cut green beans into 3-4 inch lengths.
- Pour the vegetable (or sesame seed) oil into the plan.
- Cook green beans in the skillet until they begin to blacken and brown, stirring every 30 seconds, between 2-3 minutes. Add scallions and cook for another 1-3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 10-20 seconds. Don’t burn the garlic.
- Add the soy sauce mix into the pan, cook for an additional 15-20 seconds.
- Remove the ugly beans from the skillet and serve.