Makes 1 sandwich
Used in this recipe: quickly picked daikon radish and carrots
• 1 roll or small baguette. Bolillo rolls also work
• 2-8 carrot and daikon pickled matchsticks
• 1-2 ounces Pâté, liverwurst or another meat paste
• 1-3 ounces of grilled pork, if desired
• Other lunch meats, as desired, including bologna
• 4 cucumber slices
• 4 sprigs cilantro, coarsely chopped
• 2-4 green chile slices
• Optional: mayonnaise, soy sauce, fish sauce, chili sauce
1. Cut the roll down the middle, so both sides are still attached.
2. Spread the pâté or liverwurst onto the other side of the roll.
3. If using mayonnaise, spread onto one side of the exposed roll.
4. Add the quickly pickled daikon and carrots to one side of the opened roll.
5. Add other meats, if using.
6. Add the cilantro, chiles and any other vegetables.
7. Sprinkle soy or fish sauce and chili sauce on the top, if using.
8. Close the sandwich and press the ingredients back in between the two buns.
9. Close the sandwich and, if desired, toast or grill.